Saturday, January 24, 2009

DHHS USB


I have been away for a long time.

January started off with inventory at the shop first of all and getting back into the swing of work after a nice long break with my husband and kids.

Then last Saturday I went off to New York City with a friend for some fun girl time. We walked and walked and walked and stopped at museums and shops in between walking. It was quite fun!

Then back for lots of chaotic work. It has been a very bust week at the shop which hopefully is  a sign of better times ahead for everyone!

Next weekend in the auction at my son's school, Druid Hills High School. This is the piece her did as a donation for the auction. Don't you like it? It is a collage scanned in and printed out on Printed Treasures, then washed with a water color wash, a little student out of white fabric and black fabric marker fused to the top and borders sewn on before being stretched round wooden frame. I like it!

Check out the other art and good stuff to bid on at the online auction.  You can see the t-shirt quilt I made for the auction there, too.


No comments: