Thursday, November 17, 2011

New York City

 Last weekend Richard and I went to NYC to get away for a bit and see our baby boy. The first night we walked from 54th down 10th to 23rd. We hit the High Line at about 33rd and walked the rest of the way there. I took the picture on the left from the High Line. It was a nice night for a walk.
 On Friday, we went to the Lower East side to walk around. We visited the gift shop of the Tenement Museum and just wandered the streets where we saw this Restaurant to the right with our baby girl's name. We then walked to Soho to meet Zachary and his room mate Gio for some lunch and shopping.
 We checked out the Fluevog Store, the shoes my friend Mary loves sooooooo much. They are her signature shoes. The store was great.
 This clothing store had a great window display of antique sewing machines. It was not the best lighting for a picture but I took one anyway.

 We hit a really cool store called Pearl River where they had this great fabric. We also got Zachary fun hanging lights for his apartment and a great bag for Hana. I loved it!


 Later that evening after Zachary and Gio left us to head back to Brooklyn, Richard and I found the Purl Soho store. It was a fun little shop of fabric and yarn, but the yarn was so high I didn't feel I could buy any and the fabric, well........I do sell fabric so I can't bring myself to buy any elsewhere unless its fabulous. I guess I didn't see any that was fabulous.
On Saturday morning, we went to Brooklyn to see Zachary's apartment. We got doughnuts from Dough that were killer! then we went to the Ft. Greene  Brooklyn Flea just blocks from Z's apartment where we ate great street food and bought fun stuff. Next we went to the Dekalb Market. It was such a fun day. Here you can see my boy at the subway station waiting for his train going the opposite direction from ours. I actually teared up watching him ride away.

Sunday we got up and went out walking to Central Park. We stopped for breakfast at the Moonrock diner on 57th on our way to the park. Then into the park for a walk and a sit in the sun. I had to snap a shot of Richard looking so happy in the park.









Look at this Hawk sitting on the fence in the park. Incredible, just sitting there looking around. I got much closer and took a little video of the hawk looking back and forth. It was sooooo cool.


That's the end of NYC November 2011! 

No comments: