Saturday, June 25, 2011

What a Saturday!

This morning I went off with a group of friends to a knit shop because they all knit and told me I have to knit with them even though I don't knit. It was overwhelming but fun. I guess I am going to start knitting. I have yarn now for three projects that I cannot mention because two of them are gifts. Hopefully I will get them made.

Then after a yummy lunch at Community BBQ with my hubby and rushed to work to get ready for the book signing Rashida Coleman-Hale was doing this afternoon She is an amazingly creative person and soooooo nice. 

What a busy afternoon at the shop with the Rashida book signing, a group of women visiting from Tallahassee Florida and then a group from the Atlanta Chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild at the shop for a class this evening. So nice to see so many happy, knitters, sewers and quilters today!

To top that off, when I pulled into my driveway I saw this beautiful rainbow. I had to get my hubby out front to see how pretty and bright it was. My iphone picture does not do it justice.


Then inside for dinner finally. We had a mega-salad, as my hubby likes to call it.  Mixed baby greens, carrots, cucumber, beets, strawberries, bacon, boiled egg, avocado and balsamic and olive oil. Yum!

No comments: