Thursday, November 13, 2008

Revisiting Spring market


I have been thinking about blogging on Fall quilt market, but I might have to revisit Spring market first. It was a special market for me because I brought my daughter with me. Her birthday fell on that weekend so I took her out of school for almost a whole week to head out to the west coast. First we went to Seattle to visit my friend Mari, who owns the best bead store and online bead site. We met her one year old for the first time and got to know the four year old much better. We had such a good time!

We headed to Portland on the train the day before market. I took the train five years ago from market to Seattle and just had to share the beautiful ride with my daughter. If you have never done, it you should. The weather in Portland was great, around 90 degrees which is just fine with me. I love the heat!

When I walked into market I saw the Westminster booth right away. I had to see my friend Jeff, the sales manager for Westminster. He was near the Heather Bailey display, which caught my eye. I had to sit down and order right away, which is going against my rules for market. I usually wait to order until the second day, but I was blown away by Heather's line. The colors are just fabulous!

I ordered all of Erin's Park Slope Line, too. My daughter is using the orange, blue and green color-way to make a quilt for her bed. She is on an orange, turquoise and green kick.

As usual I already had an order in place for all the new Amy butler and Kaffe Fassett. I always order all of their fabric so my rep just knows to check with me the minute he has heard of a new line. I often order before there is anything to see on paper. I just tell them to write it all up.

Anna Maria Horner's booth was so cool! I love the new home dec fabric and ordered quite a bit of it. I plan on using some of it in my daughter's room on a chair. It works well with some of the colors in the Park Slope line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know she went with you! How fun! I bet that really was a great time for both of you.